WHEN: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 (Fall Break) 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
WHERE: Eloise May Library 1471 S. Parker Rd., Denver 80231
(between Mississippi & Florida, E. of Quebec)
WHAT: BraveHeart, Inc. - A Licensed Training Provider for the American Red Cross will teach the course, which includes information on:
* Leadership, decision-making, and the business of babysitting
* Safety, safe toys and play, behavior issues and how to deal with them
* Basic child care including holding, feeding, diapering, caring for infants & young children
* Common first aid situations, and how to care for burns, bleeding, bee stings and more
* Recognizing emergencies, when to call 911, practice techniques for choking & CPR, etc.
HOW: EMAIL student’s name, grade, school, & parent’s name, phone, email to sign up; indicate date of the class: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please BRING PAYMENT TO CLASS. A reminder email with all of the details will be sent a few days before the class. You may also call/text 303-946-4364, or sign up online: www.redcrosstrainingclasses.org
Please bring cash or check ($85 payable to BraveHeart) with you TO CLASS. Please bring a sack lunch, snack & water bottle. A portion of your fee will be donated back to your APS school - designate which school when you sign up!
WHAT ELSE? Take-home materials include a Babysitter’s Handbook, Emergency Reference Guide, and CD-ROM, magnetic whiteboard, and babysitting bag/sport pack. Fee includes use of all manikins, dolls, videos, and supplies needed for the class. A printable certificate will be provided/emailed within a week after the successful completion of the class. Feel free to contact BraveHeart or check out the website for more info.