The mission of Vista Peak Exploratory athletics and activities is to provide opportunities for students that maximize student engagement, participation and achievement. Student athletes are expected to display a competitive spirit, exhibit good sportsmanship and meet our standards for behavior and academic effort.
We believe that participation in athletics and activities is a powerful tool for the academic and personal growth of our students. The work habits and character development necessary to be successful in athletics and activities has a direct influence on a student’s academic and personal achievement.
Benefits of School Based Athletics
- A student involved in middle school athletics has a much lower chance of receiving a behavior referral.
- A student’s engagement, as measured by effort grades, dramatically increases when involved in a middle school sport or activity.
- Coaches and teachers have anecdotally noticed great improvement of the self-efficacy of a student after they become involved in athletics and activities.
- Students who stay involved in school-based athletics or activities at lease up until they turn 15 have much higher graduations rates.
- Female students who stay involved in school-based athletics or activities at lease up until they turn 15 have a much lower risk of teenage pregnancy.
Fall Sports (Starts in August): Girls' Swimming/ Boys' and Girls' Track
Late Fall Sports (Starts in October): Wrestling and Girls' Soccer
Winter Sports (Starts in November): Girls' Volleyball
Late Winter Sports (Starts in January): Boys' Basketball
Spring Sports (Starts in March) Girls' Basketball and Boys' Soccer
-Futures Football starts in the spring and is for 7th and 8th graders only.
Practice Times: Students will practice Monday - Friday during the season on all student contact days, unless there is a game or practice is cancelled. In general, practice will be after school until about 5:00 p.m. Please check with each coach to find out their practice schedule. If your child is to be picked up, please be on time.
All student athletes must meet the following criteria before they are eligible to participate in the athletic programs at Vista PEAK. Students may not practice until all forms and fees are paid. Please make sure all of the items are filled out correctly. Any form that is not filled out will delay your child's participation.
- Parent Permission Form
- Insurance Waiver
- Medical Physical
- Code of Conduct